5 Things To Pack For a Trip to Lagos,Nigeria
Lagos is a super busy city, also known as the centre of commerce in Nigeria. Everything and anything you can imagine is found in Lagos. It is ideal to visit Lagos during the summer as it also plays host to several events ranging from Music, Food to Fashion and there is always an international guest at those events.
Here are a few things we suggest you pack in your travelling bag when coming to the Lagos.
- You should consider coming along with a Camera, Power Bank, a Selfie Stick and a Phone. These gadgets are important for capturing every memorable moment while you are around and for communicating with your loved ones. Also, a Power Bank is essential as there might not be constant power where you lodge or at the spaces you visit. Also, stop by one of the network provider’s stores when you arrive to purchase a sim card that works in Lagos. We would suggest you go for 9mobile or MTN.
- You should also have a Pack of Sanitizers, Insect Repellants, Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Vitamins and Anti-malaria drugs. Although Lagos is not known for any specific illness, it is wise to take a pack of sanitizers with you to protect your hands from germs and hazards from environmental pollution. You should also have some insect repellant to prevent mosquitoes and flies from disturbing you. Sunscreen and Moisturizer are important if you would not like to get darker or suffer a sunburn. A bottle of vitamins should keep your immune system strong and a packet of anti-malaria drugs should prevent you from falling sick during your stay.
- Also stick to casual wears like T-shirts, Jeans and Sneakers to blend in and also not attract unnecessary attention to yourself. Although Lagosians are usually welcoming, there is a high level of crimes on the street which is usual in populous cities. Try to avoid flashy clothes when going to concerts and market areas. Also, stick to places where there are good reviews and you have confirmed that would be security there.
- Depending on how long you are staying it is best to open an account with one of the banks in Lagos like Zenith Bank and deposit about $500 or less, also request for an atm card. So you could put some money into an online money app so you can easily change it to Naira when you are ready to deposit it.
- Do not pack any camouflage material as the soldiers in Nigeria do not take kindly to anyone wearing anything that has camouflage material. So avoid packing any item that has this material.